Monday, August 27, 2012

first day jitters

Well, I have officially survived the first day of my second year of teaching. I would say that overall today was a really good day. I caught myself thinking about how the heck I got here. I know that the first year was hard, and at times seemed like it was dragging on but really...it flew by and here I am starting another year. I also kept thinking about where I will be 5, 10, 30 years down the line. How many lives I will come across and which ones I will actually leave a mark on. It was in high school that I figured out the goal of my grown up life. I didn't know what career I wanted to work towards; I had no specific interests. But I did know that I wanted and needed to pursue something where I would make a difference in at least one life.

I know a lot of people say that teaching is one of the most under appreciated professions and at times I agree. However, if I can make a difference in at least that one life if not more, I know that I will be one of the most appreciated people in this world. At least by one person.

I am so excited to take on this year. A bit nervous, but overall really excited. I grew so much last year. More than I ever thought I could. Not only as a teacher but as a person and my personal goals in this life. I'm so ready to see what lessons I am going to learn and how this school year will change me. Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment