Tuesday, September 11, 2012

thankful


Lately, I have been feeling more than overwhelmed. With the start of so many new things in life right now I have been running high speed on little sleep. I'm happy that things seem to be slowing down at least a little bit. I am starting to find a routine that fits this new school year and things at home are starting to sort themselves out. We are getting rid of boxes little by little and making our new apartment into our first home.

I'm so thankful.

I'm thankful for the opportunities I have been given and the challenges this year is bringing. I am especially thankful for the growth I am seeing in myself already. I wish I could remind myself of that more often. That this life is about growth. That we are all meant to be challenged and grow in certain ways that we ourselves are not capable of doing on our own. My husband, my family, my students, my friends, my coworkers...these are all constant source of challenge and growth in my life. Without these people I would be stunted and with little inspiration in my life. 

Today marks the eleventh year since 9/11. How our nation has grown. This unexpected challenge brought changes in a lot of areas and I feel (and hope) that it has made us all realize how much this life is worth. Thinking of those who were impacted by those events eleven years ago. Here's to living a life with purpose and growth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment