Thursday, September 13, 2012

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." 
-Helen Keller

While blog browsing the other day I stumbled upon this quote. I have written before about how I know that one of my many purposes in this lifetime is to make a difference in someone's life, no matter how great or how small.
I forget about the small part though. I forget that I can create change in small ways to satisfy this life changing craving. That maybe my purpose is to relish in small things and not focus on the great. I feel like in my profession and volunteer activities I tend to get all dreamy eyed, only thinking about those who need help in big ways. When honestly, I should also be considering those who need help in small ways. Seeing this quote really struck a chord with me. I've been trying to making positive little changes. I am trying to so small things with great love and love these moments just as much as the big ones. 
Another blog that is inspiring me lately is this one. Good good stuff. 
Happy Thursday!
(photo cred: me, a sweet gift from one of mys students who asked me yesterday what my favorite candy was. Sweetest thing I have ever gotten!)

2 comments:

  1. Nothing makes me smile quite like a rainbow! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things that I find myself struggling with a lot is taking joy in little things. And this is somewhere that I think children have us (well, me anyways!) totally outclassed. I mean, have you ever seen how a small child can take enormous delight in something that is just so... normal or expected? It happens all the time to me. And I feel like sometimes, I go through thte motions way too much and become really apathetic. But at least I still take joy in their joy! That is something, at least.
    And while it may not be as big as the twizzler shown here, this picture and post brought a smile to my face :)

    ReplyDelete