Monday, May 7, 2012

happiness



"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections." -Gerald Way


I found this quote earlier today and I'm really trying to hold onto the words and how they apply to my life right now. I feel like this is something I have always struggled with, and probably always will. It's so hard to look past making others happy. To look past an obsession of making the situation surrounding you a type of perfection that can't exist on Earth. To accept that things are the way they are, and to be content with all that you have done and the person you are trying to become. To realize that at the end of the day it is ok to make mistakes as long as you can look yourself in the mirror and think, "I did all I could do today to be a good person, to love those around me to the fullest and that is all I could humanly do." 


Happy Monday




(photo cred goes to my wonderful friend Adrienne who took this picture for part of an art project in college)


No comments:

Post a Comment