Tuesday, May 1, 2012

true life: my weekend

What a beautiful weekend! Busy and beautiful, my favorite. This weekend we celebrated the marriage of two of our close friends. It was such a fun time and a BEAUTIFUL ceremony. Seriously still dreaming about it. It was gorgeous. We were actually a part of the wedding and sang a cover of "First Day of my Life" by Bright Eyes...maybe if I get the courage I'll post it up here. ;) 


Friday: rehearsal times. Rehearsed all wedding-y things and then had yummy burgers and pitchers of beer at the Stonleigh P. Seriously fun rehearsal and super heart felt. I love these two so much. They are such a wonderful couple and really thought of every.little.thing when it came to making their friends and family feel special during THEIR big day/celebration time. Also, check those red lips! 


Saturday: WEDDING TIME. So fun. I was nervous for about the first half of the wedding. I always am. I have sung in a few weddings before both for friends and hired by strangers and I STILL get nervous. Way more nervous than singing at Mass on Sundays. I mean seriously, selfish as this  may be... I don't want to be the lone ranger screwing up someone's biggestdayeveroftheirlife. Got to wear a super sparkle-tastic fancy dress and hang out with a handsome bearded guy all night long... perfection. I enjoyed every aspect of the wedding, like I said they thought of EVERYTHING you could want and I honestly didn't leave thinking anything but positive, happy, wonderful, lovey thoughts. Got me super psyched for our wedding (in 95 days). 


Sunday: Church things & rangers game with my dad and a couple of friends. It was a beautiful night for some Texas baseball. The game was slow going but it was a nice ending to the already wonderful weekend. I love baseball. 




While this weekend was filled to the brim with great things, here's to hoping for a much slower week. This girl needs some rest, hardcore.


Happy Tuesday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment